“All students can learn and succeed, but not all on the same day in the same way.”
William G. Spady

Please note: Higher Ground Tutoring Services is not accepting new clients at the present time.

Serving Renfrew County and area including: Kinburn, Galetta, Arnprior, Pakenham, Renfrew

Our services at a glance

  • We come to you!  Choose the comfort of your own home, public library, or other convenient location.
  • Teachers are highly trained professionals.    
  • French or English language of instruction.
  • English as a Second Language
  • Children or adults are welcome.
  • One-on-one instruction or small groups.
  • Special needs:  we can help with special needs including:  ADD/ADHD, handwriting problems, learning disabilities (including dyslexia), autism and other developmental disorders, cognitive delays
  • Summer programs:  Yes, we go through the summer!  Learning doesn’t stop just because it’s summertime and neither do we.  We run some additional programs in the summer as well as regular tutoring.
  • Consulting services:  test preparation, instructional support for parents, typing and editing, computer skills, completing application forms, basic reading skills for adults

Other services are possible, please ask!

Higher Ground Tutoring Services facts

  • Tutoring is one of the best investments you can make in your child’s education.  One-on-one instruction means essential skills are mastered which builds confidence and enthusiasm for learning.
  • Tutoring is for everyone, not just students who are behind or who have disabilities.  It is also for children needing extra challenge.  Supplemental education is quickly becoming the norm.
  • All tutoring includes personal evaluations, and the security of a relationship built by long term commitment.
  • We work as a team with parents, teachers, school counselors, therapists, and other providers to provide the best possible experience for your family and your child and ensure success.
  • We will help you communicate with the school team and help you obtain special support services required for your child.  We can refer to other support services as needed (educational psychologists, counseling, etc).
  • If we can’t help you, we will do our best to refer you to someone who can.